Fall 2006 Teacher Trainings
A new teaching position or graduate program is challenging enough
without adding the stress of not feeling confident you know what
you're doing in the classroom.
The Teaching Effectiveness Program offers one day teacher trainings for anyone who has not taught before or who may be returning to the classroom after a long absence or may be new to higher ed. In addition to this, we offer support services for instructors throughout the year — consultations, midterm feedback surveys, classroom observations, workshops, trainings, book groups and classes. All our programs and services are free and consultations are confidential.
Choose one of the full-day trainings (9am-4pm). To register, contact: email@example.com
All trainings will address:
- Course (section, lab) preparation and lesson planning Getting Student Feedback
- The first day of class Grading practices
- Leading discussions Using group work
- Encouraging student participation The inclusive classroom
- Asking and fielding student questions Dealing with difficult situations with students
- Other issues and questions as raised by the participants
Trainings for sole instructors will also address: Course syllabus, presentations, personalizing a large class, classroom civility
- Basic Teaching Skills for Leading a Discussion Section
or Lab (Beginnings)
- Sept. 11, 12, 13, 14: Sessions on these dates will be held in 175 Lillis.
- Sept. 16 (Saturday) or Sept. 23 (Saturday ): These sessions will be held in room 260 Condon (Participants must enter through the courtyard at the south end of the building.).
- Sept. 18, 19: Sessions on these dates will be held in 175 Lillis.
- Sept. 21: The session on this date will be held in 127 Chiles.
- Teaching a Class for the First Time (Sole Instructor)
- Sept. 15 or Sept. 22: Sessions will be held in 175 Lillis
- Teaching Large Classes
- Sept. 15 or Sept. 22: Sessions will be held in 185 Lillis.
- International Graduate Teaching Fellows (IGTF)
- Monday, Sept. 18 (Contact Tim McMahon, firstname.lastname@example.org to register and to get room location.)